The Community Committee and friends planting trees around Victor Harbor 2019.
Community Grants Program 2021
Up to $5,000 is available for community organisations to assist programs, service delivery or capital improvements that improve the quality of life, independence and wellbeing of people within the Victor Harbor community.
The Community Grants Program is funded by activities held throughout the year such as BBQs and the very successful annual Art Show, which enables the club to help organisations in the Victor Harbor community.
‘The Victor Harbor Rotary Club has just held its most successful Art Show for many years and we are committed to passing this on to the community,’ said Club President Julie Irwin. ‘This has been a challenging time for many local organisations so this is a great opportunity to kick start that project!’
To increase chances of success, applicants should be able to:
- demonstrate that a grant is necessary for the project to be able to proceed;
- address areas of need within the community;
- have a long-term benefit for the community; and,
- have a realistic chance of success.
Previous grant projects include:
1. Renovations to the historic Yilki Cemetery
2. Training for Rural Youth in the Dairy Industry
3. The setting up of a new Breakfast Program at a local Primary School
4. Installation of a Defibrillator for a Sports Club
5. To support a new Native Tree Growing Program
To be eligible for funding, groups must be a non-profit community group or organisation and must be able to demonstrate that the project will primarily benefit residents in the Victor Harbor area.
Submissions are top be kept to a maximum of 1000 words .
Open date: WEDNESDAY 17 FEBRUARY 2021
Closing date for submissions is: WEDNESDAY 17 MARCH 2021
For further information contact:
Club Secretary – Jackie Hart
Tel: 0400 654 921
Application Form: Please complete and return your completed application form to us by email before 5pm on 17 March.
We wish you all the best with your application and thank you for your support.